cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
neglected space . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 1:34:32 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

https://i.imgur.com/T5iKv1J.png

the world had been torn asunder, the poisoned and upturned earth ripped apart in uneven portions and the plants that sought to spring to life emerging as brittle and ill-formed creations. cait had taken to the field only when the uneven patches had been smoothed out, grass and flower seed lain in generous amount and debris cleared away in a great sweep.

she had been deployed to hasten the recovery, both she and celebi  traveling as a pair as they sought to encourage growth and renewal. markings crawled along her skin, her eyes aglow with power as she wielded her blessing. while she lacked the overabundance of strength that her fellow avatars often wielded in battle, she made up for it in her potential to serve as a healer.

her powers further amplified in the presence of her chosen god, she'd reach - her eyes fluttering open and shut as she exuded power. both she and celebi moved about the field, their presence allowing for the grass seed to sprout in abundance. she served as their light - their water - their nutrients. everywhere she walked a wave of fresh greenery emerged, alive and well as the morning light shone upon them. 

"'upon this land my lord shall bestow upon thee a haven of grass - of tree - of flower.'"

@ o p e n 
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 2:11:21 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]

Both Cait and Celebi are likely able to tell that someone is nearby, watching. Innocently though, for Katherine never attempts to hide her presence or sneak behind the duo. There’s admiration in her eyes, reverence that taints her heart with a verdant seed of envy.

This type of power, these blessings - they all had that effect on her. She couldn’t bear seeing them without feeling this way. Each deity that had chosen to bestow a blessing upon a human managed to irk her in that sense, where she’s left with a single question: why?

Why are they doing it?

But it’s almost routine for her to bottle these feelings and keep them under lock and key, tucked away where they cannot misguide her. It’s hard, but most things in life are. Kat simply pushes onwards.

When Katherine finally decides to step closer, she does so while releasing Florges out of a capsule, waiting for the fairy-type to emerge so they can aid Cait and Celebi. A light, pink mist spreads from the top of the Florges’s flower, slowly purifying nearby flora from the toxins that contaminated them.

“I hope we’re not disturbing you two,” Her tone is soft and lacks the malice that she may hold towards the duo, “We’re here to help.”

notes:

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 3:09:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

there was a subtle look of displeasure that lightly tugged and twisted at the rounded features of celebi, the legendry's eyes heavily lidded as their serpentine gaze shifted toward the stranger and their accompanying florges. cait detects this undercurrent of emotion with an ease reserved for those whom were chosen, the woman sucking in a sharp breath in reaction as she turned her own strange eyes toward katherine.

recognition immediately sparks there, the woman's visage familiar. after all, the former gym lead had obsessively researched the female after discovering her identity.

'my replacement.'

her expression is kept plain - stoic, even - yet a hint of a frown tugs at the corners of her neatly painted lips.

"
miss fairburne."

the words are drawled as she gives the woman a small nod of greeting, her southern accent heavy upon her tongue as she addressed katherine. 

"
it's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. i've heard mauville has... taken to you."

celebi's gaze becomes suddenly unfocused, the pokemon peering at no one and nothing in particular before their eyes snap wide open - their gaze abruptly shifting toward the florges within kathrine's company.

- kneel, - they demand, suddenly and terribly furious. - kneel. -

their presence becomes almost overwhelming, the legend's influence carefully leveled as they sought to worm their way into the fairy's head.  

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 20:25:30 GMT

The AROMATHERAPY mist continues to swirl gently and spread until the very moment in which Celebi invades the mind of Katherine’s fairy. It’s frail and untrained in such areas, leaving itself defenseless and unprepared to resist the influence of the legendary.

Katherine can sense that something is wrong, but she does not address it just yet.

“It has. I’d even say that the city needed someone more…” She pauses for a brief moment, mulling over her words. “Modern with their approach.” You could say that Kat’s implying that Cait was too hippie for their city. “It’s doing well now, but I am sure I don’t need to tell you that.”

Her attention drifts back to Florges who’s already kneeled before the Legendary in front of it. Katherine steels her stare, locking her eyes with her partner’s.

Despite not uttering a word, her command is loud and clear: rise.

And it does, ever so slowly, regains its footing. It may have felt overwhelmed by the presence of a god, but Katherine exerts her own aura that directly speaks to the mind of the Pokemon.

After all, it had seen what she’s capable of and what her ire spells for its future. It knows better than to upset her.

”I’ve heard that you retired. Did you have a change of heart?”

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 21:28:24 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

a neatly plucked brow was raised, cait regaining that air she often wielded when she reigned over her former city. 

"
my time was short," she admitted, a hint of a sneer on her lips. "but i took immeasurable pride in improving that city; i spearheaded policies and implemented acts which strengthened both mauville's people and its economy. and all of this in exchange for the small price of increasing their taxes."

she sucked in a little breath and gave a shrug. 

"
but perhaps you're right. perhaps they're in need of a fresh lead with views that differ from my own. quite a few didn't fancy my conservative perspective and heavy-handed approach."

another pause came and went as she flitted her gaze skyward before returning to meeting katherine's gaze. 

"
and i did retire. but celebi and i have still pledged to serve the council above all else. and they're in need of capable medics and healers."

celebi's expression had soured, the look of pleasure that briefly crossed it undone as the florges freed themselves of their influence.

"
when the war is over i'll be focusing on transitioning back into civilian life again.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 23:05:34 GMT

The overwhelming support in Cait did not vanish overnight, regardless of Katherine’s claims. It took time and subtle actions, but fortunately, an opening was left for the Rocket by Celebi’s blessed.

People were most satisfied when the only hands that could reach into their pockets were theirs. It was a weakness - because Cait’s taxes did work, but the people of Mauville just weren’t willing to admit it.

So they were given exactly what they wished for: a person who’s bold enough to dismantle things without looking back. And that’s who Katherine was. Destruction came easy to her. Healing, however, did not.

And for that reason, Cait and Katherine were like night and day.

“Ah, I see. That’s good. I’d hate to hear that someone as capable as you is letting their talents go to waste.” She’d despise anyone that dumb. To have a god standing by your side - as your equal - it is the highest of gifts. Abandoning such a fate so easily is not something she’d ever understand, but she’d heard a tale of someone who’d committed this sin.

From the god who’d been abandoned, no less.

Florges’s FLOWER VEIL continues to shroud its immediate surroundings with a calm aura, one that promises protection— speaking entirely against what Katherine stood for, what she believed in.

“Then I suppose it’s my duty to ensure that you don’t spend too much time on official missions like these. Florges and I will help in healing this place.”

The gym leader gestures with her hand for the fairy-type to continue with its AROMATHERAPY, further healing the environment of any toxins that remained.

notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 0:35:56 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

the former gym lead eyed the woman and her lord did much the same, their combined gazes considering her in her entirety. 

"
how very considerate of you. but every contribution is just that - a contribution. i don't mind taking on missions like these - nor does my lord take offense to such work."

she took in her immediate surroundings, the wounds that had been carved into the earth no longer apparent. there was now a layer of vibrant and dark green that had manifested in abundance, flowers dotting the landscape with a bit of color. cait takes pleasure in the sight, the familiarity of it bringing her at ease. 

"
status-wise, i lack relevancy. i have no true sway over the war. mild influence - yes - but not enough to make an impression. the most i can do is try to fix what's broken in the aftermath."

she'd begin to turn away, looking toward the stretch of land that had yet to heal.

"
your importance far surpasses my own, to be perfectly blunt. you've an entire city. and all i have is a plot of land to my name."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 1:48:44 GMT

Katherine's brow quirks in response, surprised by the fact that Celebi did not mind such mundane tasks.

Perhaps not all gods were the same. She’d envisioned in her mind a single archetype they’d all fit. Proud, meddling beings who had enough power to tear this region asunder if they so desired. And yet, some of them appeared to be benevolent and kind, for reasons beyond her understanding.

It’s confusing, but questioning it seemed like a waste of time.

“You are underselling yourself, Cait.”

But the compliments she showers Katherine with, regardless of whether she means them or not, are like music to her ears. They manage to draw an honest smile upon the gym leader's lips.

“I may have a city, but I can assure you that no man or woman who has a god standing by their side lacks relevance or importance.” It’s not up for debate, as far as Kat’s concerned. The Rocket stands still for a moment or two, falling silent as she contemplates whether if Cait was truly this humble or simply blind.

For now, she opts to believe the former of the two options.

notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 4:11:52 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

https://i.imgur.com/XP1mgIK.jpg
cait mulls over the woman's words, her expression having flattened somewhat. 

"you're right," she relented. "
but ultimately i'm merely an extension of celebi's will. and if arceus is kind - and they often are - their desire for peace shall inevitably come into fruition. let us hope that we are both alive and well enough to properly enjoy it."

she carries herself with the air of the devout, a strange serenity radiating from her in a potent wave. above all else, she is a woman of faith - and she'd restore the tranquility that celebi desired no matter how great the cost.

"
hm."

to her surprise, she doesn't dislike this woman - this katherine who was soft in body but sharp in mind. and celebi shares in that emotion, though they succeed in keeping their features impassive.

'i like her,' she thought, arching a thick but sculpted brow. 

a small smile twists at her painted lips.

"
i suppose we should get back to work then? there's still quite a bit left to do.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 16:01:59 GMT

“Yes.”

Katherine can’t help but smile at Cait’s words, a half-cheeky grin revealing itself for a brief moment before being diluted into a plain, average smile. It’s almost as if she’d just heard a crude joke.

“Let us hope.”

But unlike her predecessor, Katherine doesn’t truly care for whatever peace Arceus weaved for them in the strings of fate. She’d hate for things to turn boring now— after everything she’d witnessed in the past few months.

No, it seemed too unlikely.

“You took the words right out of my mouth, Cait.” The smile remains, persistent. “After all, who knows how long it’ll be before our help is needed elsewhere.”

notes:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2020 1:00:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven